Sunday, March 25, 2007

First post

I'll just say it bluntly.

I love fashion.

It's my life. Without it, I just couldn't function. Fashion is what keeps me sane. I am addicted to fashion blogging (seriously, I go to like 20 sites a day) and considering I want to be a fashion journalist, I might as well try my hand at it. Tell me what you think. Comment. Give me feedback. As long as there's one person out there interested in this blog I'll be inspired enough to keep writing.

First let me tell you a little bit about me.

My name is Leah and I live in, of all places, Juneau, Alaska. No, we do not live in igloos or ride polar bears to school. Nor is there any form of fashion anything here. There are one or two tiny boutiques that are halfway decent here but besides that, online shopping is the way to go. That's the problem with this town. It is very difficult to be a fashion-savvy dresser when there is nowhere to shop. I want to scream at my wardrobe every morning because of the frustration of it. It doesn't help that most of the people in this town still have the old-fashioned point of view that a career in fashion is a frivoulous and shady one. But enough with the complaints. As soon as I graduate, I'm moving to New York and applying to FIT.

I have big dreams.

I know.

3 comments:

BELLE said...

heyy! omg thats really cool that you live in alaska i have always wanted 2 go there....the weird thing is i live in nyc! but i love remote places they r so relaxing compared to the city! but anyway good luck with your dream! i l be checking back 2 c how ur blog goes!
~BELLE

alexgirl said...

Wow, that's crazy that you live in Alaska! Sorry it's not as much of a fashion mecca as you are looking for. Definitely move to NYC! We have it all!!!!

la petite fashionista said...

hello dear! good luck in your fashion inspirations. i lived in a small town in florida, and you can't imagine how many people asked me what my "back up plan is" after hearing im majoring in fashion merchandising.

as for fashion u, i applied the first year and didn't get in. so if first you don't succeed, try try again! just show them how much you love fashion

xoxo, lauren